The role of a wingman - and the importance of riding solo

Generel teori og diskussion for nybegyndere

The role of a wingman - and the importance of riding solo

Indlægaf Maggiez » søn 11. dec 2016 21:47

In general I think too many gamers are relying too much on the wingman.. I have been there aswell where I was waiting for him to take action and that's a huge mistake.
Today I see going out as always solo.. doesn't matter if you have wingman or not. In the end of the day you are not gonna fuck your wingman anyway.. so what's the point in relying your nights success on him?
Of course it's cool and it's awesome to be able to cheer each other up etc. But soon or later you don't even wanna depend on that anymore.. there will be days where your wing can't go out and what are you gonna do then.. stay at home?
I started going out alone in the summer of 2010, where I didn't know anything about gaming. Of course it was hard and tough.. but I did it and improved from it which lead to I could write some logs to get a good and talented wingman. Too many people these days just go out together cause it's "fun" and "easy".. where did all the cool stuff go where you had to deserve to have a good wingman??
Think it has been in the trashcan for years now..
Im the kind of guy who are into helping anyone who wants to get better with pickup.. but 9/10 times I know these guys will quit before they reach a stage where they can give me something in return.. or if they do they will most likely have a girlfriend by the time haha!! ;)
I honestly think there is too much slack in the communty too many people think they are somewhat good.. even though they never watch any material anymore.. don't do some log writing and reflecting on different subjects!! Im not saying im insanely good right now, but I know my path to become better than ever before and im willing to do it and give it what ever it takes!! ;)
To get back to wingmanship.. you need to find someone who is better than yourself or is really motivated and a fast learner you can teach!! everything else is just fun there will lead to wasting time in field..
This may sound harsh but it's the ugly truth.. are you here to have fun or are you here to become good with pickup?! Becoming good with pickup sounds way more fun to me! ;)
When you have found the wingman you need to work as a team and help each other the best way possible.. sometimes you will be winging the fatty and you need to be cool with that in a wingmanship.. way too many people only care about their wing helping themselves getting success instead of letting the wingmanship go both ways.
In sets the wingman is there to help you isolate most of all.. ofc it can be fun to have a party with the group, but that should never be your prime goal.. it should be using your wingman to easier isolate your girl from the fatty or the other friend..
Normally my wing will approach a set and 30 secs later I approach the other girl with a chill "Hey im Allan"..
You should never burn the set for you gamerfriend if you are the wingman you should be somewhat neutral especially if you don't feel to comfortable doing it..
Wings can help eachother ofc and I have had more than a handful good wings during my time in the game!! But the most important thing is to be able to stand on your own legs and be able to ride solo!! If you can't do that yet don't even think of having a wing.. it's way more important that you can game solo than you can do it as a group!! Because it can be hard to deal with all the shit the field brings alone.. so it will train you hardcore as a gamer!! ;)
After you have read this post I guess most people will keep on going out with wingman who may not even be the right wing for you.. but whatever there may be someone out there who takes in the points of the post, thank you!!
Cya in the field playerz
-Maggiez
Hey girls, I was not the man you were looking for, but here I am. Got my charm, my swag and my game!
Hey guys, I will cya soon in the field any day anytime call me and I will be your wingman!
PickUp since 2010..
Brugeravatar
Maggiez
Witch King of Angmar

Geografisk sted: Aalborg (25 years)

Re: The role of a wingman - and the importance of riding sol

Indlægaf KBHsuperman » man 12. dec 2016 06:42

I like a bit of both actually. :mrgreen:
Solo game is brilliant, it has no short comings it is perfect but you will go crazy if you solo game exclusively so once in a while I go out with a wing I met from the net to have a little sample of how far the community is behind me :oops: .
talking about wingman, my main issue with an inexperienced wingman is that they talk about sets whiles gaming, my philosophy is simple, during the set you should be focused on the set, after you finished whether you succeed or not you should take your head somewhere else and talk about other things until the next set, but noooooooooo.. they want to analyse every detail and make notes. :lol:
This is why I prefer doing solo game when in copenhagen, everytime I have a successful interaction I never give myself I pad on the back even if she is literally 9.99/10 in every aspect :o , no, I don't let off steam so to speak. I remain focused because that energy is needed for the next set, and when a set doesn't go too well, I don't analyse. I keep a diary of my progress at home and whatever I remember is worthy to be put into my diary, things I forget are usually not worth entry in my diary.
KBHsuperman
Private Johnson

Indlægaf Maggiez » man 12. dec 2016 10:24

Hey KBHsuperman
That's actually true most likely an inexperienced wing will analyze too much between sets and it's taking the focus of the actions!! ;)
Yes a combination of both is the best.. sometimes solo and sometimes with wing. But it needs to be the right wing for you not someone with completely other goals and who is not as dedicated..
That's also why I said I choose my wings out of either skilllevel or dedication level!! So they are either good already or will become good fast! ;)
Im really tired of almost having to force some people to go out.. it's peoples own decision if they wanna do pickup or not and ofc it's good to motivate and help each other. But you should not be the one who always has to drag your wing out.. both should be motivated!!
It all comes back to my saying of people got it way too easy today.. they don't need to work hard to get a good wingman.. people are too friendly and nice to help myself included!!
But if people are not up for learning by their own they will most likely not be your wing for long anyway cause they can't do it alone!!
Hey girls, I was not the man you were looking for, but here I am. Got my charm, my swag and my game!
Hey guys, I will cya soon in the field any day anytime call me and I will be your wingman!
PickUp since 2010..
Brugeravatar
Maggiez
Witch King of Angmar

Indlægaf Desire » tors 15. dec 2016 05:37

I think another good approach is to think less in wingmen and targets and more in being social.
When I go out I'm usually out with good friends and meet a lot of people during a night. My main goal is to be social, meet cool new people and that everyone have fun. By being social and merging sets etc, it is way easier to isolate or hit on a girl, because you are not only two or three persons in total.
Even more important everyone has company all the time and no one has to waste time entertaining the fatty, while you isolate her friend.
Lastly, you will get a lot more SP.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
Brugeravatar
Desire
T1000

Geografisk sted: København

Indlægaf Maggiez » tors 15. dec 2016 06:46

Yearh it's true but im not the kind of person who are chilling with friends when im out.. and for me to have fun is not a goal.
I have fun when im approaching and hitting it hard.. nothing else.
If im out with "friends" I instantly want to approach anyway im never chilling with them when im out or anything else, because my friends who are not doing pick-up with normally we have been talking for hours etc already from the gym or before the we hit town.
Im never "having a table" with friends and a base and so on!! It's ofc good and it works.
But I don't want to have the need to have friends when im out.. I don't even need "state" anymore.. both are ofc nice to have and it's cool.. but for me im more than happy without it.
I don't like being more than 2 or max 3 people out together for that simple reason that it can feel like a wolf-pack.. I like to keep it nice and easy so the girls don't get overwhelmed by a whole crowd.
And again I don't like to have to rely on anything than my own game.. when I only rely on my own game to have a good nightout im learning more.. having more fun and also more success.
It's cool to help a wing or 2 and there should be time for that as long as you are not winging the whole night without them winging you too!!
And it's not waste of time winging a fatty for a friend.. it can be really hard to isolate sometimes by your own.. and for me helping with isolating is a wings best job!!
I dunno the more we talk, the more we must say that we agree to disagree im not saying you are wrong or im right.. my game philosophy is just very different from yours..
Im not really reading your log have looked into it sometimes.. and ofc I have met you aswell and I know you are a cool guy that gets stuff to work.
But I could never see myself going out with friends to have "fun".. it's not im my nature.. I learned game before I ever went out back in 2010.
For me game is more than just game.. it's what makes my world rock and I guess for you it makes your boat float?
That may be the best way I can describe how I feel about it all :)
No hard feeling or anything.. but I don't wanna keep it chill or have fun.. I wanna go in hard.. loose hard and win hard..!! ;)
When that's said im happy there is different perspectives on something and not just one guy saying how things are.. because things are different for different people :)
PickUp since 2010..
Brugeravatar
Maggiez
Witch King of Angmar

Indlægaf Desire » tors 15. dec 2016 23:58

There are indeed different approaches. Which is good. One "school" would be too boring.

Much like you I found game back in 07/08 before I really started going out. I've also tried the pistol approach, where you go directly for your targets one at a time. I still do it sometimes, but mainly realised it doesn't suit me for a couple of reasons. First, there is a lot more crash'n'burn and failed sets. Some girls are more comftable meeting you in a natural social context. Second, I felt less natural about it. It feels artificial for me to approach set after set with one sole purpose. I don't live and die for sex with another girl. Third, I'm super extrovert and realised I can benefit more through a different and more social approach.

I found that the 'gaming the room' -approach boosts your value tremendously and provides you with a head start when you begin the conversation with the girls. It also has an advantage by way more often making girls approach you. It also creates more AI's and IOI's from a bigger amount of girls, since you make the whole room notice you. Gives you the advantage of chosing between several interested girls and boost further interest through the powerful tool; jalousi. This approach means a lot more warm approach instead of cold approach, which then leads to less bitch shield.
One of the man reasons I love this approach is, that whether I get a girl home or not, doesn't determine whether it was a good night or not.

Downsides (for some) would include, that you spend time on being social, random chatting and having all sorts of fun.

You do however misunderstand me in regards to wing'ing. I would always happily step in to remove the obstacle for a friend. What I am saying is, that there in a social context are smarter ways to go by it.

I'm not looking to agree on anything. More to learn from oneanother. That is one of the main reasons I'm in here.

I notice you say you can't chill and have fun. That is interesting picturing for me, since I find that being cool and fun are some of the best attraction tools you got. I met a guy down here some months back who has dated super models from LA. We chatted a bit and his best advice as a now around 50 yo was: "Be cool and don't make a big deal out of it. All it takes is to walk up to a girl, give her your hand and say 'hi, I am...' Don't even hit on her. Biggest problem is, that most guys treat her differently. Just treat her like any of your friends and ask her to hangout with you sometime." His wisdom is not universal, but it does hit the nail on the head on some of the common mistakes among guys.

When you write: "I wanna go in hard.. lose hard and win hard.", I wonder: what are you winning more?

When I look around in society I notice that the guys with the hottest girls have some things in common: They are popular, have big network, good social skills, high status and money. I think this should be implemented into ones game in order to get the best outcome. If you keep going to the same bar and approach similar girls, you will get the same outcome. If you however, work on social game, your network and social circle, your status, business etc. that is were you are gonna take it to the next level, and that is why it will never be my main purpose to pick up a girl at a local bar.

Different approaches, different perspectives, different outcomes. Any way, we are all here to learn. I hope you get all you picture achieving. I just like to challenge others perspective and opinions.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
Brugeravatar
Desire
T1000

Indlægaf Motivation » fre 16. dec 2016 18:00

Hvorfor var det vi skrev engelsk igen? Men fair nok.

Det lyder godt nok kedeligt, at tage ud

1) alene
2) uden at drikke
3) ikke for at have det sjovt
4) udelukkende for at approache

Hvis jeg skulle opfylde de fire betingelser ville jeg virkelig hade at tage ud. Men hvis du vitterligt har det sjovere med din metode, så er det selvfølgelig bare cool.

Desire skrev:When I look around in society I notice that the guys with the hottest girls have some things in common: They are popular, have big network, good social skills, high status and money.

Helt enig, og det er noget jeg har selv har været meget bevidst om. Dem der har de lækreste kærester er oftest 'normale mennesker' (som i 'ikke totalt socialt handicappet uden det mindste gram af selvindsigt') der tager ud sammen med andre, har en social omgangskreds, og er succesfulde inden for det de laver hvad enten det er en høj uddannelse, business eller andet. De fleste har aldrig "praktiseret" pick-up som sådan, vil jeg vurdere.

Piger har en nærmest overnaturlig evne til at scanne om der er ting der er off ved en person, og jeg tror at nogle inden for dette miljø mere skulle bruge pick-up som en vej til at blive mere all-around social intelligent, selvsikker og få et solidt selvværd (inner-game) som et fundament for at blive den bedste version af en selv, end som et mål for at åbne så mange piger som muligt, knalde så mange som muligt, etc. (og såfremt dette blev et mål, tror jeg også det ville have den afledte effekt at man ville knalde flere piger, hvis det var ens mål). Det er imo sværere at holde på en kvalitetspige, og forbedre sig så meget, at man tiltrækker og formår at omgås andre mennesker med gode karaktertræk. Og jeg snakker naturligvis helt generelt her. :)
Determine what you want. Pursue it relentlessly. Do whatever you have to. Destroy your doubts and fear, and let nothing stop you. Do the work. There are no excuses, no variables. It comes down to you. If you truly want it, you will have it. Never give up.
Brugeravatar
Motivation
Konge af Burma

Indlægaf Kaizer » lør 17. dec 2016 05:09

Jeg er nok mere på serialkiller-holdet her. Creep-team.

Misforstå mig ikke, jeg kan godt lide at drikke og feste med venner, og jeg er langt hen ad vejen også et legende og humoristisk væsen.. men jeg vil hellere være lidt for seriøs end bare for sjov i forhold til game. Jeg tror ikke jeg var kommet dertil, hvor er jeg nu, hvis jeg havde turde tage mit game seriøst - det tror jeg er meget vigtigt. Det er sådan, at jeg føler, jeg får mest muligt ud af det. Altså, hvor det er både sjovt og relevant.

Lagde også mærke til følgende: Den tilgang, som Desire beskriver (being “mr. popular”, holding court, telling jokes and having all the attention on you), finder jeg suboptimal i forhold til, at jeg langt hurtigere vil lave transition fra gruppe-siturationen over til en mere one-on-one intim samtale med pigen. Det er sådan, game ideelt ser ud - bare dig og pigen. Det er mine wings også klar over.

Det er i mit hovede forskellen på good looking game og effective game.

Så mindre dancing monkey, high energy, mr. socially gregarious all over the place, og langt mere fokus på at lytte og connecte med pigen på tomandshånd. Mine ekstroverte venner hader det, pga de ikke så let kan og vil geare ned, og så kommer de desuden hurtigt til at kede sig. Så de undgår helst transition og one-on-ones. Ved ikke, om du har oplevet det samme, Desire?

Men det siger jeg, fordi jeg er lige så meget introvert som jeg er ekstrovert, så jeg hælder mere imod ‘socially efficient’ end ‘socially expanding’, og så også fordi jeg generelt er ret horny. Jeg havde sex for 1.5 time siden, også fra sådan en situration, som jeg beskrev.
"Make it, don't take it, make it, don't fake it."
Brugeravatar
Kaizer
Angel of the Sun

Geografisk sted: Cafeteriet på Faaborg-Cypern Overfarten

Indlægaf Maggiez » lør 17. dec 2016 20:08

First, there is a lot more crash'n'burn and failed sets. Some girls are more comftable meeting you in a natural social context

Hey Desire, I like your approach to it but at the same time it's not a lot of cold approach.. you seem to like to make it a bit warmer before hitting it.. I like cold approach it's my game and like a sport for me!!
You say you are more extroverted so you like a more social approach, but that's not just because you are extroverted.. it's how you personally prefer it.. I am actually extroverted too and I like the more cold approach way of doing it.. social circle and warm approach simply just bores me very fast :)
One of the man reasons I love this approach is, that whether I get a girl home or not, doesn't determine whether it was a good night or not.

Well when im cold approaching it's not only about if I get a girl home or not it's also about the learning process and developing yourself as a gamer and as a person. But as we talked about I have fun in the sake of gaming and not in the sake of "having fun"! ;)
I notice you say you can't chill and have fun. That is interesting picturing for me, since I find that being cool and fun are some of the best attraction tools you got.

I have fun while be active not by chilling.. im chilling enough with my friends in the gym etc.. so when im out im not there to chill. But to approach and practise game and get girls home.. and that's what I call "the fun"!
You are right about not making a big deal of the the apporach etc.. however I wanna make a big deal out of improving myself as a gamer..
Just treat her like any of your friends and ask her to hangout with you sometime." His wisdom is not universal, but it does hit the nail on the head on some of the common mistakes among guys.

I agree 100 % this is very huge!! ;)
When you write: "I wanna go in hard.. lose hard and win hard.", I wonder: what are you winning more?

If you are hitting it hard you will win hard at when you win and loose hard when you loose.. I dont care if 2/3 girls hates me as long as 1/3 loves me.. I wanna take it to the edge and see what I can pull of and work with myself by going in hard!
If you keep going to the same bar and approach similar girls, you will get the same outcome. If you however, work on social game, your network and social circle, your status, business etc. that is were you are gonna take it to the next level, and that is why it will never be my main purpose to pick up a girl at a local bar.

You won't get the same outcome if you improve your game and change yourself and work with yourself.. you will only get the same outcome if you stay the same!But when that's said ofc you should not only work on "the game" approach only.. however it has a huge focus for me atm!
Different approaches, different perspectives, different outcomes. Any way, we are all here to learn. I hope you get all you picture achieving. I just like to challenge others perspective and opinions.

Yes we are all here to learn and it's cool discussing different topics.. keep it up!! ;)
PickUp since 2010..
Brugeravatar
Maggiez
Witch King of Angmar

Indlægaf Maggiez » lør 17. dec 2016 20:23

Hey Motivation ;)
Hvorfor var det vi skrev engelsk igen? Men fair nok.

Snakker englesk fordi jeg er mere motiveret for at skrive på engelsk og så er jeg ved at starte en international blog langsomt op også! :)
Det lyder godt nok kedeligt, at tage ud

1) alene
2) uden at drikke
3) ikke for at have det sjovt
4) udelukkende for at approache

Tjaa kommer an på hvordan man har det med det.. Jeg elsker at approach så behøves ikke det du lister op! ;) selv om wings og venner er cool ofc!!
Dem der har de lækreste kærester er oftest 'normale mennesker' (som i 'ikke totalt socialt handicappet uden det mindste gram af selvindsigt') der tager ud sammen med andre, har en social omgangskreds, og er succesfulde inden for det de laver hvad enten det er en høj uddannelse, business eller andet. De fleste har aldrig "praktiseret" pick-up som sådan, vil jeg vurdere.
Selvfølgelig er det cool og de er naturals og alt det der, som har fundet sin vej.. men der er noget mere noget vildere og noget større du kan opnå og her mener jeg pickup kommer ind!! Du er jo nødvendigvis ikke socialt handicappet fordi du tager ud og gamer.. man kan jo også bare være en awesome person der vil være mere awesome? ;)
Piger har en nærmest overnaturlig evne til at scanne om der er ting der er off ved en person, og jeg tror at nogle inden for dette miljø mere skulle bruge pick-up som en vej til at blive mere all-around social intelligent, selvsikker og få et solidt selvværd (inner-game) som et fundament for at blive den bedste version af en selv, end som et mål for at åbne så mange piger som muligt, knalde så mange som muligt, etc. (og såfremt dette blev et mål, tror jeg også det ville have den afledte effekt at man ville knalde flere piger, hvis det var ens mål). Det er imo sværere at holde på en kvalitetspige, og forbedre sig så meget, at man tiltrækker og formår at omgås andre mennesker med gode karaktertræk. Og jeg snakker naturligvis helt generelt her. :)

Tjaa som man ser det.. lige nu er mit prio one mål at få min drømme krop tilbage og indtil jeg har det chiller jeg med game og udvikler.. men forventer ikke vilde results.. til sommer går jeg efter at knalde flest muligst og hottest muligst.. kald mig overfladisk eller kald mig alt muligt andet, men når dagen er omme er det for mig en laycount, der betyder meget for mig lige nu, hvorefter senere hen bliver målet at finde "drømme kvinden"!! Hver sin smag.. forskellige mennesker og forskellige mål..
Tak for dit svar!
Alt det bedste // Maggiez
PickUp since 2010..
Brugeravatar
Maggiez
Witch King of Angmar

Næste

Tilbage til Generelt om The Game